We are the Steam Dried fish meal and Centrifuged fish Oil producing company situated in the West Coast of India, Karnataka (previously Coronet Fishmeal & Oil Company). We feel proud to state that we are the pioneers and largest producers and exporters of Fish Meal and fish Oil in the West Coast since 1967. Our production capacity is 150 tons of fish meal and about 60 tons of fish oil per day. We also have a well equipped nutrition laboratory.
West Coast of India is bestowed with vast resources of pelagic fishes mainly Mackerel and Sardines. Fishing season in West Coast is from August to June, for about 10 months in a year. Raj Fish Meal & Oil Co., Malpe is aimed to efficiently utilize the maximum extent of catches of sardines in the West Coast.
Coronet fish meal and oil Co., Malpe was inaugurated on 26-12-1967 by the then Chief Minister of Karnataka, Late S. Nijalingappa. It was renamed as Raj Fish Meal & Oil Co., in 1987, and now managed by Mr. Pramod Madhwaraj, younger son of Late. M. Madhwaraj, Ex. M.L.A., Udupi Constituency.
Mr. Pramod Madhwaraj born on 17.10.1968 to Late M. Madhwaraj and Mrs. Manorama Madhwaraj, married to Mrs. Supriya and has one daughter Prathyaksha, completing his early education in St. Cecily's Convent, Udupi, Christian High School Udupi and English Medium High School (EMHS) Udupi. He studied P.U Education in MGM College Udupi. He joined KREC Surathkal for Engineering course and studied up to III rd year Engineering.
- Presently the Member of Legislative assembly and also the Minister of State for Fisheries, Youth Development and Sports.
- He served as Vice President of D.K Dist. NSUI and Secretary of State Youth Congress, was elected the youngest president of D.K. Mogaveera Mahajana Sangha, the apex body of Fishermen at the age of 28 years.
- Still continuing to serve the Fishermen community and was the president of Coastal Fishermen Action Committee, a confederation of 55 various fishermen organizations
- Was instrumental in increasing the diesel subsidy of Government of Karnataka for fisheries from Rs. 50 lakhs to Rs. 25 Crores per year for 7 years.
- Was instrumental in increasing the diesel subsidy from Government of India from Rs. 1 crore per year to Rs. 7 crore, thus saving mechanized fishing from total destruction due to severe hike in fuel charges.
- Conducted boat race in the Sea for the first time in the Country in Malpe in 1992 drawing a huge crowd of over one lakh people.
- Holding various other posts in the field of religious, social, political and sports activities.
Mr. Pramod Madhwaraj a dynamic person and with foresight businessman from Malpe was mainly responsible for modernization of fishmeal industry in Coastal Karnataka. His grandfather late. Muttappa Saukar and father late. Malpe Madhwaraj was well known for their liberal outlook and advancement of fishing industry in Malpe.
Being a young and dynamic leader of fishermen in Coastal Karnataka with the Engineering background Mr.Pramod Madhwaraj has the acumen inherited from his illustrious family.
He is also the Proprietor of coronet fish products, Malpe manufacturer of well known high quality canned fishery products in domestic markets.